Homeless Project Classes
Living Arts is sending artists, poets, performers and others into social service areas to give guidance and technical help so that homeless folks can express them stories. Some of these will be selected for exhibit at Living Arts in May.
• John 3:16 – “Ceramic Stories” with Ariana Jakub-Brandes, Mondays 4:00-6:00pm for 4 weeks.
• Day Center for the Homeless – “Collage Stories” with Beth Burgess, Mondays 9:30-11:30am for 4 weeks
• Mental Health Association of OK Recovery Services – “Painting My Story” with Steve Tomlin, Starts Feb 25, 10:-12:00am, Thursdays, 4 weeeks.
• NightLight Tulsa – “Origami Peace Cranes” with Julie Clark. Started Feb 10, 6:30-8:30pm Every Thursday night under the overpass at Maybelle and Brady St.
• Youth Services of Tulsa – Performance-based work with Jessica Davenport. Started Friday, Feb 12, 6 weeks.