TULSA ARTCAR WEEKEND XII
Living Arts, Tulsa’s arts organization dedicated to presenting contemporary non-traditional art to the public, is proud to announce Tulsa ArtCar Weekend XII. The dates for the event are May 19-21, 2016, with many different venues for the public to enjoy these unique vehicles that function both as roadworthy cars and as exciting artistic creations. For those unfamiliar, ArtCars typically involve transforming any type of vehicle, motorcycle, scooter or bicycle into a personalized creation of art. Many artists have committed to participate, with ArtCars coming from many parts of the United States to join Tulsa area ArtCar and ArtBike artists.
THURSDAY, MAY 19, 2016
- 5:00–6:30pm RECEPTION & CREATIVE COCKTAIL HOUR AT LIVING ARTSPACE – ArtCar Artists talk about their creations.
- 7:00-9:00pm ARTCARS AS VEHICLES FOR SOCIAL CHANGE – ArtCars go to NightLight Tulsa under the bridge at Maybelle & also the Day Center for the Homeless and interact with Homeless Guests as we share a meal and the ArtCars together. 415 W Archer
- 9:00-10:00pm ARTCARS AT GUTHRIE GREEN for Movie Night showing “Purple Rain” with Prince 111 W Brady St.
FRIDAY, MAY 20, 2016
- 8:00-8:45am ARTCAR COFFEE at Pancho Anaya Mexican Bakery. 2420 E Admiral Pl.
- 9:00am–2:30pm COMMUNITY TOURS -Artists will split into groups and visit local schools, shelters, and other community gathering places. Groups will break for lunch (on your own) when the tour allows. Check website for details.
- 2:00-5:00pm Thrift Shop Tulsa Tour – Local Antique Dealer and ArtCar Chair Charlie Larson will lead a caravan to local shopping haunts and photo opportunities. Meet at the Giant Golden Driller Statue in front of th Expo Square Event Center. 4145 E 21st St.
- 5:30-7:00pm Tulsa Table Pop-Up Café presented by Stone Soup, a culinary training program for at-risk youth. They have a seed-to-table philosophy. Hosted at the Eastside Christian Church, 1459 S Indianapolis.
- 7:00pm Neighborhood ArtCar Caravan down 3rd St. to the Drive-In Movie on Route 66.
- 7:30-11pm ADMIRAL TWIN DRIVE-IN – Celebrating 65th year this is one of the last family owned Drive-In Movie Theaters and was featured in the film “The Outsiders”. 7355 East Easton Street, Tulsa
SATURDAY, MAY 21, 2016
- 8:00 – 10:00am CHERRY STREET FARMERS’ MARKET – Complimentary Breakfast for ArtCar Artists at the Coffeehouse on Cherry Street. 1502 E. 15th Street.
- 10:00am ArtCar Caravan and Guerilla Parade through Tulsa! ArtCars depart Farmers Market led by the Retro Rocketbike with frequent visits to Tulsa landmarks.
- 12:00noon – 6:00pm BLUE DOME FESTIVAL EXHIBIT 2nd & Detroit Ave.
- 1:30-2:15pm ART BOXCAR REGISTRATION: Sign up and get your Art BoxCar number at the Dilly Diner East Patio, 402 E 2nd St.
- 2:15-3:00pm ART BOXCAR PARADE & AWARDS – Blue Dome Festival Stage.
- 6:00pm ArtCar Caravan to BURNING CAR! Artists will cruise at a leisurely pace through neighborhoods along the way to 532 N 72nd W Ave
- 8:00 –11:00pm BURNING CAR- $10, Members & ArtCar Artists get in FREE
o “Design You” Fashion Show of Repurposed Fashions (8:30pm)
o José Torres-Tama & Performance Art Workshop Performances
o Firecracker Hat Dancing
o Guerilla Flow Tribe Fire Spinners
o Live DJ Music
o Burning Car Effigy Burn
o Cash Bar
CLICK THE BANNERS BELOW TO LEARN MORE ABOUT:
Philbrook Museum of Art, Blue Dome Arts Festival, Pancho Anaya, Dilly Diner, Cherry St Coffee house,Boren Dairy, Michog, Felini’s Cookies & Deli, Palace Café, Starbucks.